Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Reattaching the Etsy umbilical cord...

So I am finally back online from the weekend and it is now time for me to try and get back into the swing of things. I hate getting interrupted because it takes me forever to get my creativity going again, but I do love going up to visit the other side of the family.

It's weird because they are all such crafty people that you would think it would be easy to gain creative juices from being up there, but since we only see them occasionally, visiting usually takes priority. It's nice to talk about crafting though. Mom does a lot of woodworking actually and is getting her own shop up on Etsy. (TheOakGrove). She doesn't have any inventory yet, but that's because she has two kids to take care of and needs to find some "me" time. Grandma does a lot of glasswork, mostly mosiacs, but also loves jewelry. She took me to the Gem and Jewelry show up there and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. It was so much fun to wander around and see all the gems and all the designs. It was also nice to be respected as a fellow artisan and see the live community.

Hopefully I will be able to get back into the swing of things easily and will have new things up soon!

1 comment:

  1. I keep hearing about all of these great gem shows. Note to self: visit one :) Thanks for sharing and hope the "reattachment" goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete