Saturday, August 1, 2009

Halloween just around the corner



With Halloween just around the corner, I tried to find a design for a bracelet that I would wear. I'm not normally a person that wears a lot of holiday themed jewelry and so something more subtle is what I tried to create.




The bracelet that I came up with started when I made a tiny little beaded pumpkin our of seed beads and gold plated wire. I even added a little green at the top since the parnter didn't think that it looked enough like a pumpkin yet. I think that he was right, although I can't tell him that. :)


Then I decided that I didn't want to try and weave a special chain for this because I wanted it to be very light and very simple. So I had some gold plated jump rings that I wove into a simple wire. But then that looked far too simple so I added two spacers of seed beads strung on the gold plated wire. I decided to use green and orange beads so it would almost repeat the pumpkin.


All in all, I'm really happy with how it came out. It's really light when you are wearing with it and it has my signature spacers embedded within chain. This bracelet is definetly going to be a hard one to sell, although I do hope it finds a happy home!

2 comments: